Saturday, June 24, 2006

Anthology

I've been blogging forever it seems. I had three notebooks (plus the school diary) which I turned into journals when I was a highschool Junior and Senior. Every drop and facet of my complicated emotions were recorded into those notebooks. A whole lot of sketches, a whole lot of condemnations against society and myself, and a whole lot of proclamations for my highschool beloved. And those notebooks are practically 'online' for my friends (and 'friends') borrowed them from me and digested the contents of the crap that I write. I also remember that I wrote lyrics for love songs and not so love songs in my journals that made them all the more 'popular'.

Anyone who remembers me from highschool will always remember me as that dude who liked to draw, who loved comic books and video games. A total dork if you will. A total turnaround when you look at me now. I still love video games.. but I lost the 'talent' to draw. I was someone who had low self-esteem and high amounts of angst. Now those were the things I wish I lost today, but still cling on me like the scent of garbage after you linger past a ripe heap. And my journals were the only things that kept me sane during the tough and trying times of early adulthood.

Alas, I've lost track of where they might be not long after 2nd year college. I might have left them with a friend before we parted and went separate ways prior to college. OR I might have thrown them away. There's still this longing of nostalgia that you want to see them again. It might be an unwelcome reminder of a painful past, but it still is a part of me. No matter how I wanted them rid off, the memories of the past keep haunting you 'til the present.

And I now dedicate the future of my blogging to the memory of my unpublished past. Jeff of www.dubaichronicles.com might know where they are. Alam mo ba kung nasaan Jepoy? Nakay Eric pa kaya yung mga lekat na yun? So that I may scan the motherf*ckers and post them here and I can tell them, welcome home guys, you were sorely missed.

Next time, I shall dedicate an entry to my early days of blogging - August 2003 I started I think an if they still exist, I shall post the links here.

2 comments:

silentmode_v2 said...

oi xtian, drama ah! hehehe. it's good that i've found your blog... again. you want ikyo's number? i'll gladly send it to you.

other news about the gang? keep in touch and gladly tell the updates. :)

x.t.ian m.m.g v1.0 said...

isang taon na ako nagpalit! at isang buwan di naguupdate!

sino sino ba tukoy mo? email you soon! tnx