Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Kaze no Kawari

Ah yes, they are a'changing. The winds favor the vessel I'm riding on. It's almost abrupt the way the wind blew against us and then switched in no time it took to look over one's shoulder when called upon.

Engineering office is in for a big change. Real huge like. We don't know if it's only vestigial as the writings left on a white board after somebody erases it or if it's as tangible as the keyboard I'm typing on.

Last Monday, I was in for a huge surprise in the form of a general meeting for the engineering division. First surprise is, I didn't know I was part of that gathering. Memo only announced the attendance of the engineering branch supervisors. The Manila-based supervisors were not mentioned in the memo. And second, the amount of promises targeted as part of a major restructuring, professional image-wise and ISO-wise, for this year for our department as disclosed in the meeting.

First on the list is my issued laptop. I heard rumors from the MIS I'd be getting a petite PowerBook or iBook to replace this huge desknote-y Acer muscle laptop I have. O.o Whoa, Big Boss must be really serious with the restructuring. Unfortunately, if the thing can't interface with Philips' monitors, I'd have to stick with the Acer. Beggars can't be choosers. XD

Next are new sets of tools and uniforms! Well, nothing to shout about. But atleast we'd look very "professional" in our peach barongs and shiny screwdrivers. XD

Here's the final kicker... each engineering section gets a service vehicle! Since yours truly is a supervisor for the cardiology section, yours truly gets a new pair of wheels! XD lol, as if I owned one before. Madre de Dios, I don't even know how to drive anything that has an engine. XD

And then I woke up. XDXDXD

Well, with the exception of vehicle, everything else is money in the bank. The budget has been allocated, the laptops actually do exist on the MIS vault..

Here's to me hoping for a salary increase on top of all these. XDXDXD

No comments: